M U L T I S E A R C H
The Faculty Library of Biology and Animal Science is closed
On June 16, 2021 the Faculty Library of Biology and Animal Science is closed. For urgent matters, please contact the Main Library.
Faculty Libraries – changes in opening hours
On June 15, 2021, the opening hours are changed:
- the Faculty Library of Life Sciences and Technology: open from 10:30 to 15:00,
- the Faculty Library of Biology and Animal Science: from 11:30 to 13:00,
- the Faculty Library of Environmental Engineering and Geodesy: open from 10:00 to 13:00.
Faculty Library of Biology and Animal Science closed
On June 11-14, 2021, the Faculty Library of Biology and Animal Science is closed. In the matter of returning books from this library, please contact an employee of the Faculty Library of Life Sciences and Technology in the Institute of Agricultural Engineering or with the Main Library.
Oxford University Press and its journals – free webinars
Main Library informs about a few webinars prepared by Oxford University Press for all, who is interested in publishing (but not only) in the OUP journals:
- 3rd June 2021 – 6.30 a.m. (in English): „How to publish with Oxford Journals” – register
- 11th June 2021 – 12 o’clock (in Polish): „Oxford Journals” – register
- 18th June 2021 – 12 o’clock (in English): „Oxford Journals” – register
The full list of webinars presented by Oxford University Press in June’21 is here.
Food Science and Technology Abstracts (FSTA) – trial access
The Main Library invite all of you to use the trial temporary access to the database „Food Science and Technology Abstracts” (FSTA).
Please use the link and then select a base „Food Science and Technology Abstracts”.
This trial access will be active till 16.06.2021.
How to register to the library
E-circulation sheet for students of Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Science:
1. To receive a settlement on the e-circulation sheet, the student must settle their library account (no overdue items and no outstanding fees).
2. The E-circulation sheet is activated in the Dean's Office of the Faculty.
3. Information about the settlement is available on the account on USOSweb of Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Science.
4. If a student's account is clear, then the e-circulation sheet is ready without any student's activity in this area.
5. If there are still any obligations on student's account, a student must settle them and inform the Library about it - by phone (71 320-51-55) or by e-mail: email@example.com
There will be again the possibility of self-prolongation the books (only first time!) - after the logging into your own account.
Returning the books
Returning the books from The Main Library only using a book-slop situated in the wall od library (outside - see map).
Books borrowed from Faculty Libraries must be returned to these Libraries.
All returned books will be kept for three days in the quarantine, so their status in the catalogue will be "temporarily unavailable".
Payment of receivables (penalty applied before 12th March and others)
First, please return the books to the Library, and then arrange a payment only into the bank account:
UNIWERSYTET PRZYRODNICZY WE WROCŁAWIU 50-375 Wrocław, ul. C.K. Norwida 25 No: 79 1020 5226 0000 6102 0680 5776
Transfer title: name and surname + number of library card + late return of books (or other)
Confirmation of payment should be send by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information about any needed payment one can find after loggin into the library account: My Library Card / Activities / Cash Transactions or: Multisearch / My account / Fine and Fees
Borrowing the books
You can just now order books through the library system and collect them during the Library's working hours.
Photocopies from printed resources
There is a posssibility of getting the digital copies of articles and parts od printed books (with respecting the copyright). These orders can be send to the e-mail address: email@example.com or online, using the ASK A LIBRARIAN on the main www.For doctoral students - the defense of doctoral thesis
According to the decision of Rector of our University (Zarządzenie nr 48/2014 Rektora Uniwersytetu Przyrodniczego we Wrocławiu z dnia 26 marca 2014 roku), all signed and completed documents regarding the defense of doctoral thesis should be sent only by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org A copy of the doctoral dissertation can be delivered to the Library's secretariat only after the previous fixing of the date (to fix it also please contact the sekretariat: email@example.com).E-sources – log-in
All employees, doctoral students and students can use the remote access to the e-sources. .
Do not forget to login into your account first! Some of e-sources are visible only for logged users.E-sources always available online: → e-Journals, e-Books, Data Bases
Anyone can contact the Library by our website: ASK A LIBRARIAN.
People submitting an application for funding publications from the project „Dostęp do zasobów naukowych na rok 2020”, can contact by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not only for chemists!
SciFindern informs about a few webinars planned in the 2021 year. They will help improve a search effectiveness, allow to save time, to be more creative, and increase confidence in decision making.
First of them – just 20th of January 21.
Chemical Safety Library for everyone
The Pistoia Alliance Chemical Safety Library (CSL), a searchable repository of crowd-sourced chemical safety incident information, was launched on a new open access platform specializing in scientific information solutions. It supports laboratory safety by providing unique crowd sourced data content containing hazardous reactions that can be used to alert scientists to potential dangerous experiments.
Extended offer of e-resources
We offer several new test access to the bases: CHEMnetBASE, De Gruyter, Bloomsbury Food Library World Scientific Publishing, JSTORE, JSTORE eBOOKS and others.Look at updated lists: - Polish journals in Open Access - databases and others
- E-sources available from the library home website:
- Main Library: 158 000 titles of journals, oraz ponad more then 605 000 books books from different areas and more than 20 e-databases (start at MULTISEARCH or e-sources)
- Dolnośląska Biblioteka Cyfrowa, where you can find also the collection of our University
- AZON. Atlas Zasobów Otwartej Nauki – you can find books, publications, didactic materials, presentations, photos, scans, audio and video files, scans 3D, data bases and others.
- You can also use our e-tools, like:
- MULTISEARCH – for searchnig in the sources of our Library
- UPWr Base of Knowledge – information of the publications of the researchers of our University. Any new publication you can send to: email@example.com
- Open science sources
Free acces - Taylor & Francis
Taylor & Francis gives all a chance to take advantage of many e-books and individual book chapters on a wide spectrum of subjects such as engineering, chemistry, history, culture science. All of them belong to the collection Open Access and one can read them or download them under the licence Creative Common.Taylor & Francis e-books
Base of Knowledge of Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences
Base of Knowledge is the modern system, where we complete information about output of WUELS’ researchers and students
We are still working with this base – first of all, we add publications of authors affiliated to our university. Now we are focused on import all works of WUELS’ researchers from Aleph system of 2013-2018 period.
Verification process of imported documents has not finished yet. Therefore, mistakes connected with scoring, affiliations or completeness of outputs may appear.